Friday, April 4, 2008

I Hate Technology.

Dude, I'm like the technology saint in this family of mine. I can fix any problem anyone has--the evil Windows Vista, Sims for my little sis, the video recorder.

But I can't fix the damn DIGITAL CAMERA!

My little sis FOUND the cable but shoved it in too far into the camera. So now the camera is completely broke, and we won't be able to plug it into the computer anymore. I've tried removing the memory card and putting it into our nifty 50-bajillion-things-in-one printer and transfering the photos to our computer, but NOOOO, our evil Vista computer can't be recognized.

Three hours. Spent three hours trying to get it to work (because I not only need the camera for knitting but also a dreadful French project coming up) and I ended up uninstalling the printer. Guess what? Can't reinstall it now. UGH.

And it's Friday, which is good. But it's depressing because I can't go and hang out with my friends as my parents are retards and won't let me go to the concert that EVERYBODY else is going to. Just because the concert goes until midnight isn't that BAD. Homecoming and TWIRP has gone to midnight, and have they cared then? What happened to the "When you get your license, we feel that you will be responsible enough to make your own decisions and decide where the right places and wrong places to go are"???? I HAVE the license, but now you won't let me go use it?

...okay, so it MIGHT have something to do with the fact that the concert is on a college campus, and there will be college kids and drugs and beer and EVIL THINGS going on, so...I kind of see their point. But come ON. "Oh, don't worry, Becky. Next time you and your friends want to get together for a school project or studying you can drive yourself!" School project. Seriously.

And so ends the typical teenage angsty rant. Just had to get that out of my system.

I'll probably give up with the computer and go upstairs to read. Knit a few rows of the 'Puffed scarf. And go to bed by nine. A dorky Friday night spent fiddling with the computer, but c'est la vie.

No comments: