Monday, April 14, 2008

MY LAPTOP IS BACK!

YAYNESS!

Here's the deal. My laptop was broken for, oh, the last eight months or so. Since school started last fall. I turned it on one morning, but it wouldn't boot up. I was pissed. I took the battery in and out a billion times, but that made it worse. I was more pissed. I took it to the parents, who were pissed that the $1000 laptop they gave their lovely daughter for her last birthday was dead. Would not fix it or pay to fix it. I was SO PISSED at this point (being broke and not able to pay to get one of those Geek Squad people to fix it) that I worked on it for a FULL month before giving up and stashing it under my bed.

But Becky, Becky, just a few posts back you were saying how much of a techie godess you are!

I KNOW! Okay, I fix things by breaking them. That's how my luck runs, okay?

Because now, what do I do? I'm bored, struck with spring fever and no homework, so I go "You know what? Maybe I can get my laptop to work?" I turn it on, hoping for the best--and WHAT DO YOU KNOW? IT WORKS FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I have no idea why it works, but yay. Now I don't have to borrow the 'rents computers anymore. I have my own back!

But it's weird. See, I always have a bunch of sites bookmarked that I visit for updates everyday. And I was looking through all my old bookmarks, going THAT IS SO NOT ME anymore. I don't visit any of these sites anymore--I'm not interested in any of these things--wow, I just think it's weird that I've changed so much in eight months...
*end melancholy rant*

Anyway, the real reason why I posted today?
The stupid Griffindor bookscarf looks like crap. Shit. Whatever you want to call it.
OKAY, NOT MY FAULT. I'm calling it a learning lesson, okay? I learned how to use double pointed needles...and knit really tiny thread...who cares if it looks like a box? You know what they say...you learn from your mistakes. Although I've never believed that.

Seriously, I'm so embarressed to put a pic up. But maybe I will. To show it's true crappiness. And then I'll get started on another one (fixing my gauge) to show the world that I CAN DO IT!

...and my little sis. 'Cause she laughed when I showed to her. You know what, Katie? If you think you can do it any better, show me! SHOW ME! Oh, that tacky, garter-stitch FunFur scarf you made that sheds all over the house? You think THAT'S hard? TRY THIS!!!!!

ETA: I'm sorry. I usually wouldn't post one of those dorky quiz results thingies, but I'm really bored and I love the fanart used for this one:







Find Out Which Disney Girl You Are!
created with QuizFarm.com
You scored as Belle

Dancing furniture, singing spoons, and a man who needs a serious haircut - sound familiar? Well it should! Belle was a very independent spirit with alot on her mind, much like you are! But in life, there is a needed balance - learn when to speak your mind, and when to hold it back. Sometimes offending someone isn't the best way to go!


Belle


96%

Jasmine


88%

Violet


79%

Jane


79%

Tinkerbell


75%

Megara


71%

Pocahontas


71%

Alice


67%

Snow White


58%

Cinderella


50%

Ariel


50%

Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)


42%

Mulan


42%

Esmerelda


38%


No comments: