Wednesday, April 30, 2008

HSKS 5 SIGN UPS TOMORROW!

Yay! I get to sign up for the HSKS 5 swap TO-MOR-OW! I'm so psyched, if you can't already tell. The people who were in the last swap got to sign up today, and I'm very jealous of them. Gah, I can't wait to start! I've been looking at the sign-up sheet, so I can have the new students' version filled out EXACTLY at 11:00 tomorrow night (whoo-hoo, staying up late...hope the rents' will approve). I REALLY want to get into Ravenclaw, but since they are only 25 allowed in each house and, oh, 20 returning Ravies have signed up already, I think I'm going to be a Gryff or Puff. Oh wells. I think I'll belong anywhere.

My character blog for the knitting swap is set up at www.daisy-finnigan.blogspot.com. I'll fix it up nicely when I get sorted into a house. I would put a link to HSKS 5 on this blog and my character blog, but I'll wait until I actually sign up first. I can't decide what I'm going to ask my spoiler for--options are a knitting bag, journal or needleholder. Such a big decision! Gah. Obviously I'm going to ask for stitch-markers, though, and a cool sock pattern (my first pair of socks will be made from the yarn I hopefully get in return...I can't wait!) And DPNs, though I think I'm learning to kinda hate them--circular needles rock, but I will NEVER figure out how the magic-loop thing works.

As far as the upcoming weekend goes, I've got Friday off, and will be spending it knitting in a cozy coffee shop. Then TONS of homework Saturday--THREE WEEKS LEFT OF SCHOOL, DUDES! This means that the teachers are loading us up with:

*A huge essay on Tess of D'Urbervilles , a huge 200+ word vocab test and another test essay to study for [Brit Lit]
*A french composistion (Comment-vous preparez pour l'ecole?) [French]
*A World History project on the country of Algeria [World History]
*Chemistry workpages [Chem]
*Christian Scriptures end-of-year project [CS]
*Piano
*Girl Scout Gold Award proposal [secret project YO!]
and...
*Reading 60 pages per night of Lord Jim, worst book in the world. Not joking. [Brit Lit again]

Yeah. I can do it.
But this means no knitting.
Sob.

No comments: