Saturday, April 19, 2008

13 MORE DAYS UNTIL HSKS5!

Yes, I am counting the days. No, I am not a freak. I'm just REALLY excited, and totally ready to stay up till midnight for signups on May 1st bewcause we luckily have a day off the next day.

Anyway, I got that life-changing email. And a lot of crazy things have happened the past few days, so not much knitting has gotten done. I had to go buy another set of size 0 DPNs, since I still can't find that last needle (yes, I lose a lot of things, if you can't tell) and I cast on the first few rows of the next bookmark last night.

Now, however, I've got to look ahead to Mother's Day, which is coming up May 11th. I didn't realize how much people get into it--I found a countdown clock on a website today:

Today is Saturday April 19, 2008. There are 21 days 11 hours 10 minutes left until Mother's Day.

So! I've got 21 days to knit my mom something for mother's day. And she's totally expecting it, too--she's been dropping hints ever since I first started to knit. I think I'm knitting her an easy, quick sleep-mask, but I need supplies and...okay, this is embarressing...I need to learn how to purl first.

OKAY, I HAVEN'T LEARNED HOW TO PURL YET! I've been doing everything in the round and never needed it.

I also need to buy size 6 needles and a skein of comfy yarn. And, after Mother's Day, there's another thing coming up: my mom's b-day.

Yeah, just my luck that it falls on May 31st, two weeks after Mother's Day. I'm totally lost for ideas on that one. I have about a month and a week left for that one, so maybe I can do something a little bigger? I don't know. I'm off to Ravelry to look for some ideas.

No comments: