Sunday, April 27, 2008

Blocking Time

Lots of little updates in the knitting world! Item #1: Mom's Mother's Day Eyemask Thing!


Here it is! And DON'T YOU DARE SAY IT'S TOO BIG! It fit my face perfectly fine...although I DO have a tiny face...whatever. It's cute, and my first time purling/increasing/decreasing (yes, I know, I'm pathetic).



A lipgloss case for Mom's B-day (May 31st) that's blocking.I KNOW IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A CASE, ALRIGHT? My little sis is coming up to me all the time going "That doesn't look right, Becky! That looks STU-PID!" SHUT UP! It took me, like, less than a half an hour to knit and, little sis? It's called seaming. I sew the thing up and it magically becomes a case for mom's lipgloss, which always finds itself in the bottom of her bottomless purse.



This is Bob the Elephant-Shaped-Tape-Measure-That-Was-99-Cents-At-Michaels. Say hi to Bob. Bob has become my new best friend. I mean, the tape measure comes out of his TRUNK! How cool is that? I've already used him dozens of times to measure the first addition to the SUPER SECRET PROJECT, which will be revealed in due time...


Little sis is trying to learn how to knit. Aww, how cute. Despite choosing the most annoying, pastal-y yarn possible, and the fact that she got only a centimeter done before getting bored, she's doing pretty good.


And what is this? Part of the secret project, although you can probably tell what it is =) All will be revealed soon enough. I have to keep it kind of secret because I technically aren't supposed to start the project yet, not until I get it approved sometime this week, but I couldn't help it. I'm a little bit excited and overwhelmed! Don't worry, this makes NO SENSE at all right now, but it will soon. Very soon.

Patience is a virtue...a virtue I don't have!

No comments: