Sunday, May 18, 2008

Recycling, woohoo!

If you asked me last year where I would be in one year, it would not involve cutting up plastic bags to make yarn.

I was bored, okay? I had nothing to knit, and learned that you could make yarn out of plastic grocery bags, so of course I wanted to try it. I actually have a pretty sizable ball of yarn/plastic, now. And it's recycling! People here in liberal Madison, WI REALLY love to recycle. You always see people walking into the grocery stores with their own fabric grocery bags. I really want to make a grocery bag out of the plastic yarn shreads--it would be great.




Walmart bags work the best, you see. They're perfectly flat and square. And the bottom even says "Please recycle" or something. See? They would be happy that I'm reusing their bags for my own yarny use.

Okay, short, pointless blog entry, I know. But I really have to get going and study. I just wanted to catch the world up with the amazing that is recycled plastic yarn =)

No comments: