Friday, May 9, 2008

Fridays Rock.

It's the WEEKEND. I have 10 MORE DAYS OF SCHOOL! Well, plus finals...I'm not even thinking about those yet. This is the probably the last fun weekend I get this year before I go into super-studying mode. Sigh.

Here's an FO to show to whoever's out there on the Web:



It's an airplane washcloth-thingie for Dad for Father's Day. See, my dad is a pilot for American Airlines. He flies planes for a living (duh) so of course I had to make a father's day present for him incorporating this love of his. The pic makes it look all bumpy (trust me)--I blocked it and it looks much better.

It was my first time with seed stitch/making designs out of the purls and stitches, so cut me some slack!

I think I'm going to try to do something like this with Avatar: The Last Airbender emblems. If you don't know what I'm talking about, just ignore this. It'll be a while before I do any of that--I must do the ULTRASECRETPROJECT first. And get assigned my partner for HSKS5, making him/her an amazing bag/needlecase/diary/whatever they want. And make my sis that Zelda scarf I promised her I would make once she finished Twilight Princess.

Yeah, I'm going to be busy knitting for a while. The good thing is, I'm done making presents for everyone--the next big gift-giving event is my Dad's B-day in September, which is a whole summer away.

Oh, no. I almost forgot. I should probably make Katie something for her 8th grade graduation. Oh...snap.

Nevermind. I'll be knitting forever. Not that I mind knitting for others, really. It actually makes me feel like I'm not wasting time when I should be reading Lord Jim for school/the Sparknotes for Lord Jim (worst freaking book EVER, not even joking--I'm reading Eclipse on the side, which is only 200 times better).

Tomorrow I'll also get some time in for knitting, during the 1.5 hour car ride to Milwaukee--3 hours there and back. I might get a whole hat done in that time. Sweet.

Screw finals. I have two weeks before I have to worry about them.

And, trust me. This time next week you'll be getting a VERY different reaction from me about the whole thing. Think very spazzy. Because then I'll only have ONE week till finals. Who wins at procrastinating? Moi.

No comments: