Monday, June 16, 2008

Lazy, Crazy Days of Summer...

Okay, 12 hats done...lots more to go.

People are laughing at me out in cyberspace. I can hear them--"Becky, you can't knit all of those hats! You'll go crazy!"

I know. Which is why I'm not knitting all of them. I'm getting some help from family and friends, and already people in the neighborhood have stepped up. I really have to get working on the blog/webpage to direct them to...

I've been trying to get a picture of my beautiful hats up for the past hour or so, but the camera isn't working (big surprise...this happens at least once a week, doesn't it?) so it'll have to wait. Again.

What else have I been doing this week? Well...
  • My spoilee for HSKS5 recieved the package I sent! She also chose me for a Random Act of Kindness, which involves TWILIGHT! I'll explain more on my character blog once I get to it.
  • I finished all the required summer reading books for next year's honor English class. Now to move on to the essays I have to write and AP Euro...
  • My little sister is done with school! Since we go to different schools, she got out a full two weeks later than me, but now she's done! She's had her "8th grade graduation" (oooh, the drama) and went to a waterpark for a last-day of school fieldtrip. If only we did that in high school. So now she's home with me and I get to watch her during the day, even though she's more than capable of watching herself at that age.
  • I'm trying to transulate the Avatar 4-Nation crochet charts to knitting, and will hopefully start on a blanket that mimics the awesome-ness that is this. Although that might take a long time...I might have to start teaching myself crochet and just follow the pattern. It would go a lot quicker.

Yes, it doesn't seem like much, but it's summer! What do you expect? I slept until 11:00 this morning--I don't think I've ever slept in that late! But it felt so good. It feels so good just to relax.

No comments: