Friday, June 20, 2008

Another Summer Update

Ack, who came up with the bright idea to assign us an essay over the SUMMER? My brain is in summer mode, not school mode. I can't write an essay with my brain in summer mode. The worst part is that it's due not the day we return to school, but in the middle of the summer. We have to drive over to school, drop off the assignment by my new English teacher's door, and leave. Sigh.

The real reason I'm posting is because I finally can show you the hats!



See? That's what I've been doing all these days! Making those acrylic, easy hats for my Gold Award! I have 14 now (not all of them are in the pic) so...a lot more to go. I'm getting help from community knitters, friends, family and church though, so I won't have to make all of them myself. It's still a lot, though. I doubt I'll knit another hat in my life once this project is done.

I also won't be able to post again until next Thursday or so. I'm going to a 4-day camp up near Green Bay, WI at St. Norbert's College. It's a "business camp"--me and other Wisconsin teens are coming up to learn about how to run your own business. We're competing for college scholarships. I'm pretty nervous. I leave on Sunday, gulp, and don't know anyone! Not even my roommate. I mean, that's going to be awkward, rooming with a random person for three nights that I've never met before in my life and never will meet again. Curse my friends for all being out of town...I miss them...

Oh, well. I can do this. Maybe I'll bring a hat to knit. I might look like World's Biggest Dork, but, hey, I'm never going to see these people again, why not?

No comments: